Help with Fedora Research

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 22:06:02 UTC 2009

I think it's a mark of our success in Fedora that people are starting to study
how our community works.  And not just in the "gosh, Fedora is awesome and
amazing" sense, but in the "gosh, Fedora is a really interesting phenomenon
that we should learn more about, warts and all".

I spent Tuesday morning with a couple of professors at Duke University's MBA
Program, and they had a ton of questions for me.  It was amazing. They are
really digging into what makes communities like ours tick.

Here's the thing, though: they need to be talking to a lot more people than
just me.  Which is why I'm asking for help.  :)

So we're looking for Fedora contributors who are willing to do one of two
things:

1. Participate in an email interview with our Duke professors; or

2. Participate in a short phone interview (about 20 minutes) with our Duke
professors.

We're looking for folks who don't work for Red Hat, and folks who do. We're
looking for folks who are highly technical, and folks who aren't. We're looking
for folks who contribute lots, or only a little bit.

It's a simple thing that could be hugely valuable in the long run.  We've got
something special in Fedora, and the world wants to understand how it works.
Your experiences matter.

Please respond to me privately via email if you are interested in
participating.  Thanks.

--g

--
Computer Science professors should be teaching open source.
Help make it happen.   Visit http://teachingopensource.org.