New Icon Set...[echo]...

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Sun Aug 6 13:15:01 UTC 2006

Your statement is simply wrong. I never asked for "Tango" being adopted for
"Fedora Core" although it might be a better alterative to the aging stock
"GNOME" icons in case there doesn't exist a genuine "Fedora Core" icon for a
particular item. Moreover, I stated at various occasions based upon
objective observations in which sense the current approach appears to be
flawed to me (no outlines, low contrast, photorealistic albeit fuzzy icons
which are not suitable at smaller icon sizes, ..). It's up to the artwork
developers to draw their conclusions for further artwork development in
order to achieve the improvement that you mention below. As a matter of
fact, even the recommendation of dropping the "Echo" theme completely would
present a perfectly admissible and constructive feedback in order to
"improve" on the current state in case I thought so. ;)
Finally, feedback can only be based on the current implementation, not on
some extrapolation of how "Echo" might look some time in the future (with
the only exception of current incompleteness which had already been pointed
out by the designers).