vectorize bitmaps

This may be a crazy and worthless idea:

I noticed the image-x-generic icon (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=image-x-genericL.png) contains an embedded bitmap (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=landscape.jpg).

How about using a vectorized version of the bitmap?

The downside is the SVG resulted after tracing loses a lot of details and have a large file size, but is much easier to work with it in a vector application.

The bitmap after tracing: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/landscape_traced.svg

The image-x-generic icon using the traced vector image instead of bitmap:
- SVG: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/image-x-genericL_traced.svg (yes, is full vector)
- PNG: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/image-x-genericL_traced.png

note: I have no shadow and the outline is not quite the same, this can be corrected easily.

--
nicu