Re: vectorize bitmaps

Diana Fong wrote:
A question...The portion that I used was the upper right side with only a bit of the horizon...as shown in my png version of the icon. Is it a lot of work for you to reconvert a cropped version that I send you or should I just alter the vector version? By using more sky and a bit of land, makes the picture a bit more interesting/dynamic...the whole picture is a bit more 50/50 and so has a more heavy and less appealing look...imo. =)

Yes, I noticed this too after the fact, but was not sure which portion was used exactly, is *very easy* to redo it, how about this:
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/image-x-genericL_traced1.svg
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/image-x-genericL_traced1.png
(used Trace Bitmap in Inkscape, color, 20 scans and started from http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/landscape2.png - IMO the ground is a little too dark)

Please note a problem with your SVG for that icon: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=image-x-genericL.svg is NOT an SVG file, but a PNG with the SVG extension, so I had to edit some other icon to get the base SVG (in this case I used audio-x-generic)

--
nicu