Preview of new scaled down icons (was Re: New Icon Set...[echo]...)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Aug 9 15:02:49 UTC 2006

Diana Fong wrote:
> My feedback on the matter is...24x24 should remain in perspective, 16x16
> definitely simplified and "flat".  However there are also 18 and 22
> sizes...22 are usually used in the panel area.  In the attached mockup
> are also a few 22x22 icons on the upper right area of the panel.
> Dunno...I think they look ok as well.  Maybe the break down point is
> then at 18?

I don't know, in the attached screenshot they look muddy/blurry to me.
The edges of the clapper in the sound/video icon, for example, seems to
disappear into the background. Put the two side-by-side and squint. The
isometric 24x24 icons disappear into the background while the
straight-on ones hold their own. If I have time I'll run that low-vision
simulation function on the two side-by-side.

Also, was any bitmap cleaning up done on these? The vector files should
be modified to produce bitmap results like this.

Is this a mockup or screenshot?

~m