Re: Names for icons that are not on the Tango list...

Diana Fong wrote:
I created a couple of icons that were not on the Tango list...and so made up my own names accordingly. Examples include: drive-harddisk-usb/firewire, drive-removable-usb/firewire, format-justify-last-left, format-justify-last-right...etc. Hopefully they're ok.
Hi Diana!
This is not really my area of expertise, but I hope I can be to some help (those who are better than me on this stuff is free to shoot me where I am incorrect :).

What are format-justify-last-right used for? Following the regular naming scheme I feel format-justify-left-last fits better, as a theme can then fall back on format-justify-left if it misses format-justify-left-last. (I guess that is how it should work, not sure if it currently does). I think I read somewhere that the name "firewire" is trademarked, so perhaps it's wiser to use the name ieee1394 (I think that is the correct name). <http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/IEEE_1394.html>
Is there a more comprehensive list somewhere that I haven't found or could these extra names be submitted somewhere to Tango to help maintain consistency. I saw this link with the "Icon Naming Specifications" [1] which is not equal to the "Icon Metaphors" list [2].
The common metaphors list is a bit dated (and some of the names are wrong due to spec-changes), as no one has taken responsibility for that in a while. Anyone up for the job?
Icon-naming-spec on fd.o is up to date though.
Lastly...I've made battery icons for PowerManager but the naming scheme is nowhere to be found on Tango. I was pointed to [3] but the names seems different to what might fit in the Tango naming scheme.
You should probably use the names powermanger use, I think Richard used the gpm-prefix as the icons were pretty app-specific, and it would be a bit weird to have those in a spec.
Please advise.

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html
[2] http://tango.freedesktop.org/Icon_Metaphors
[3] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-power-manager/data/icons/22x22/