Infinity GDM mockup

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Tue Aug 28 12:41:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 14:30 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I created a gmd mockups for the infinity theme. It's based on the Avio
> > style you talked about, but it has fewer buttons and it is coloured
> > according to infinity wallpaper. I created widescreen mockup, but on 4:3
> > it will be similar. Any comments? Oh, and the used icons are from Gnome
> > theme (as Mist derives those).
>
> - I like better the version with the user/password box at the top, I
> find it easier to find;
I too.

> - I would use a smaller font for date/time and maybe (just maybe) move
> it to the bottom, is not that important as info;
Hm... it could be smaller, but I would let it be at the top.

> - the drop shadow could be a little more discrete, not so large and
> definitely it should not be visible under the transparent area;
Yes, however inkscape's blur isn't fit for such think (or I at least I
don't know, how to do the blur only on out-looking side of an object).
Can be removed later e.g. in gimp. And yes, it would probably be better
smaller.

> - how about little (but very little) transparency for the central (dark
> blue) area?
Interesting idea :)

> - maybe the white area should not be so white  (I didn't like the big
> area in Avio either)
Hm... another transparency? ;-)

> I think I'll play a bit in Inkscape with your SVG and post here if I
> like what I get

Looking forward to it. Note that the background is however imported png,
so it will probably not show when you open the svg.

Martin