Infinity GDM mockup

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Tue Aug 28 17:42:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 19:14 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 18:54 +0200, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > The smaller variant from Steven Garrity looks much more elegant than
> > having everything look so huge.
> >
> > Rahul
> >

> That's now three to one :) Seems I am the only one who likes the 'big'
> version more... Anyway, the final gdm theme will be done by Mo and she
> seems to like the thinner borders more (about icons we didn't talked). I
> am now content with my mockups [1] and everyone who thinks otherwise is
> welcome to tweak them to their liking.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

Well, never say never... As I looked at it transformed to smaller sizes
in eog, I came to conclusion, that if I make the roundness of corners
smaller, I could make the border thinner and would not loose anything I
liked on the old mockups. Actually, I think it even looks better now.
Take a look at my next (and probably the last) try [1]. The icons are
32x32 and two of them actually pngs, so in the svg, as they are not
embed, will most likely not show (but can AFAIK, if you have gnome icon
theme installed, I took them directly from there).

Martin