Fedora Infinity Update

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:26:48 UTC 2007

> I don't think RHGB is technically able to use a PNG as background, only
> a solid color, and with it going to die anyway (hopefully in F9), there
> is little reason to patch, otherwise, indeed, RHGB would look better
> with a textured background.

Well i'm not counting on it to leave for F9..
And i looked over the c coding of splash.c and it can't be hard to
patch it to use a image instead.. but a harder thing might be that the
background needs to fit the screen so you need to check and see if the
screen is widescreen or not and if it is place the background on that
belongs with it.

and for: "I don't think RHGB is technically able to use a PNG as
background" not completely true.. if you look at splash.c you will
notice that it's just gtk stuff that's being displayed as boot stuff..
so technically you can do anything in the background image.. it only
requires patches