mockup for user information interface

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 18:50:54 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 17:51 +0100, Mark wrote:
> Hey,
>
> i don`t really know where to place this mockup besides on the gnome
> bug report (and as a feature there).
>
> oke.. IF the mockup gets ever in gnome itself or in fedore you can
> throw away this:
> http://img471.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot2jg7.png

Note that the login-photo-preferences are not really used in Fedora;
while we install the application, it is not in the menus, and you can
use the about-me capplet to change the login photo, too.

> this is my mockup:
> http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=linuxpersonalinfomockupql1.png
>
> And some additional information:
> First the rounded image that you see in that window. my idea is that
> when you click on it the browse thing will come up and than you can
> choose a image than the image will be placed there INSIDE that rounded
> image. kinda like the vista and XP images.
>
> the text fields are all meant to have a light grey color and when you
> click on it they have a dark grey color. the DEFAULT text (Username,
> Password, etc) will be gone once you click on it. if you click out the
> textbox without entering anything the default text will come back.
>
> IF you enter a text and than click out the new text should be light
> grey. than when you click the box again (the one that now contains any
> text but the default stuff) won`t get cleaned once you click it wut
> your pointer will just be at the end of the text or where you clicked.
> the text won`t be deleted because it isn`t the default stuff

Sorry, but all this color-coding is not going to work very well with
themes and is going to be problematic from an a11y perspective. Please
say with the regular and proven Label+Entry approach to text fields.

Matthias