A Thought About F9 Artwork

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Jan 3 14:42:46 UTC 2008

John Baer wrote:
> IMO the F8 artwork presents Fedora very favorably and it seems a waste
> not to leverage this success in F9.

Duh! and we have another parallel thread about how F8 was the worst :D
Talk about artistic subjectivity...

> Does it make sense to change the theme every other release cycle and use
> the off cycle to improve or tweak the current theme?
>
> Presenting the same question a differ way.
>
> Would Fedora users be disappointed if the F9 came with an improved F8
> theme (ie. same theme, new wallpaper)?

My personal and unscientific guess: more will be disappointed than happy.
But I propose you this approach: make an improved "Infinity" and run it
through the normal 3 rounds process so we can see if the general
feedback is positive.