Nodoka 0.7 beta 1 released

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:00:43 UTC 2008

Hey :)

A few opinions on it. I haven't commented on every change because that
would be dull boring for everyone reading "awesome" a lot :)

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 18:31 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just released Nodoka 0.7 beta 1 [1], which is first major step
> towards Nodoka 0.7 stable and as such I'll package it for rawhide for
> testing.
>
> The changes from 0.6.1 (latest stable) are:
>         * Scroll Bars redesign

I like these very much! Really nice width and look very sleek - much
more than Oxygen scroll bars (though I like the solid colour on Oxygen),
might be cool if they were a more solid colour when you hover them too
but that's my opinion (lol this is art right, it's all going to be
subjective!)

>         * New code for drawing Tabs (more efficient)
>         * Removed separator from Option Menu (I'm still not sure if it
>         is for good or for bad)

I'm not sure about this either - although it differentiates it from a
combo box it maybe looks incosistent?

>         * New extra gtk themes (Nodoka-Aqua, Nodoka-Gilouche,
>         Nodoka-Looks, Nodoka-Midnight, Nodoka-Silver, Nodoka-Rounded,
>         Nodoka-Squared)

I really like the idea of the midnight version...only thing is it looks
a little bit messy in real world use - maybe this can't be helped with
this palette, probably not going to be so subtle as the others.

I can post a screen shot of where I think this is particularly obvious
if you like, or you could try it in a busy evolution window yourself...

Two feature requests as well, maybe you're interested in doing this at
some point, or maybe there's a better place to post them? Better theme
for the panels would be *awesome*, i.e. something other than plain grey;
also, maybe a slightly more interesting look for the menus, rather than
just boxes? I don't even know if these are possible!

All in all, great work :)

Best wishes,

Jon