Nodoka 0.7 beta 1 released

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sun Jan 6 10:52:16 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 05:22 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Martin Sourada <martin.sourada <at> seznam.cz> writes:
> > Nodoka-Aqua
>
> I think you're infringing on Apple's trademark there, something more generic
> like Nodoka-Water, Nodoka-Sea or Nodoka-Ocean might be a better idea. (WARNING:
> I haven't done any trademark search on those names, I just know Aqua is
> obviously bad. ;-) )

There does not seem to be trademark on Aqua, and I named it Nodoka Aqua
because the colour scheme is based on Aqua Clear theme [1].

> > In the screenshots you can also notice newer metacity that that
> > available publicly. I am still not sure about it, so I didn't uploaded
> > it to git yet, so I would be grateful for your comments/suggestions in
> > this matter as well.
>
> Do you mean the latest code is not in releases/ or not in the repo itself? If
> it's the latter, I'll have to kindly ask you to be more open about development,
> if we (KDE SIG folks) seriously want to work on matching KDE themes, we'll have
> to be able to track your work closely. This means every change should be
> committed ASAP, not in "code drops".
>
> To be clear: changes should be going into the git repo ASAP (even when not
> fully releasable yet), releases should only happen when the code is actually
> releasable, of course. :-)
>
>          Kevin Kofler

The code is not in git not because it's not complete but because I am
not sure about the design itself... But if you persist, I can upload it
to git as soon as you ask. GTK Engine changes I push to git as soon as I
make any improvement. But as Metacity is obviously easier to make
changes to, when I think up new design I just update my testing Metacity
theme and use it for a while and on the art list note it as design, as
it IS a design, even though fully working. When I am content with the
design I push it to git. But if you think I should push even code which
is in design stage, I am open to change my behaviour.

Thanks,
Martin