Focus issues in new Nodoka

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:26:26 UTC 2008

> A tab isn't a widget and not a possible focus location itself. Only the
> widget inside (usually a label) is.

Well, it's actually the notebook widget that is usually focused (my
bad)... I guess I could workaround it, so that if label instead of
notebook is the focused widget I would use a fallback theming (like for
GtkExpander).

> I disagree that it cannot be helped. Compare Clearlooks:
> http://people.redhat.com/mclasen/clearlooks-tabs.png

Yep, I installed the rawhide gtk2-engines to compare and I don't like
this styling used for tabs (in this case rather it's label's focus).

> > Just a side question, is your screen-shot from F9 or F8? I didn't tested
> > the new Nodoka on F9 yet, so if there is some different implementation
> > in gtk2 it could have slipped my attention.
>
> It is rawhide, but there is no difference between GTK+ in F8 and rawhide
> at this point.

Than I don't see why it does not work for you and works for me.

Martin