A pretty please (regrading Fedora 9 theme)

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:18:20 UTC 2008

On 1/3/08, Andreas Nilsson <nisses.mail at home.se> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:

> >> I could point at a lot more reviews and magazine articles that saw it as
> >> an improvement. It's artwork, it's subjective, you can't please everyone
> >> and if you do you're probably doing something wrong. For every negative
> >> comment I've seen or heard about the F8 theme, I've seen 9 or 10
> >> positive ones.
> >>

> > Did you listen to Linux Action Show podcast review in the link that is
> > provided? They also mention icons and few other issues, but best
> > listen to it if you can.
> >
> Hi Valent!
> It seems like they were kind of vague on what exactly was wrong with the
> icons. I didn't quite understand if they complained the category icons
> in the Applications menu or the icons on the top panel. Since they
> mentioned Red Hat 9 it might have been the top panel ones (bluecurve),
> but I can't say for sure. Bugs should probably be filed on that.

To me it looks obvious as soon as you click gnome Applications menu.
Accessories, Education, Games... etc icons really look old school, but
not cool old skool :)

> Reviews are just reviews. I've seen a lot of positive ones about Fedora
> 8 as well.
> - Andreas

Have you heard latest Linux Action Show (LAS)? I really agree with
them, not because I'm mindless LAS gnome but because they totally
resonate with my own opinion.
Please listen to it.

It comes down to mediocre  - design wise, but only on some element
because some parts are great but some are just not - and that makes
the difference even more obvious. Fedora is a great distro and has
really cutting edge technology and we feel a bit disappointed when
design doesn't follow that as it did with FC6 and F7 IMHO.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic