wall papers

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 19:05:22 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Also do you have any sources available for this work, or any
> instructions on how maybe some of it or something similar could be
> reproduced using the gimp fractal tool? We need to create artwork to
> correspond to the wallpaper for our Round 2  (see
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes#head-28aff5b1a5772386d9c579fb76fe154aea7f34f7)
> and this is easier if we can manipulate the original artwork easily. Do
> you have higher resolution versions available?

So I poked around and I think figured out how to reproduce something
close to
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/anuja-k/?action=view&current=wave.png:

1) Open Gimp (F8 Gimp is what I am using) and create a new document (as
high res as you want, pick a portrait resolution to match the original
image)

2) Go to Filters > Render > Fractal Explorer. Click over to the
"Fractals" tab, choose "Flower", and hit apply.

3) In the "Colors" tab, click "Apply active gradient to final image" and
select the "Blue Green" gradient.

4) In the "Parameters" tab, set the iterations value to around 100 or
so, then hit okay and close the fractal explorer dialog

5) Rotate the image, image > transform > rotate 90 degrees

I think with a blue=>white gradient it would look more like it. I'm
attaching the gimp fractal data file I made using these steps.

~m