Fedora 11 countdown banner (artwork team release)

Paolo Leoni hydra84 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:13:51 UTC 2009

2009/4/6 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>

>>I would include a few pixels from the pedestal, not being very happy with
how the drawing is touching the bottom edge. >>Maybe also move the "coming
soon" text 1 or 2px lower and maybe also the number of days a bit to the
right and bottom.

This is the corrected version, could be ok? Anyway thank you for your
feedbacks.

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/3/39/Deepsky-fedora11-countdown-banner_1b.svg
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/3/38/Deepsky-fedora11-countdown-banner_1b.png

>>CC-BY is OK.
>>Not sure, crediting the author in the "PromoBanners" wiki page is enough
from a legal point of view? one have to seriously >>dig in the wiki in order
to find it.

I think that in "legal terms" crediting the author in the "PromoBanners"
wiki is correct, but I haven't the certainty about it.

Martin Sourada wrote:

> >>I'm wondering why nicu hadn't mentioned this (at least on the

    >>-art-list), but you might be interested in this one as well:

>> http://blog.berkenpies.nl/2009/04/02/fedora-11-countdown-counter-part-2/
>>

> >>It's much closer to the graphics we'll probably go with for the release
> >>so it might be better to use it...

I think we can use wallpaper image for the "release banner"...in this way we
can have more variety on the homepage.

--
Paolo Leoni ~ http://pleoni.altervista.org