Leonidas background brightness

William Jon McCann william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:00:15 UTC 2009

Hey,

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really like the new leonidas lion background.  I have only one question.
>
> I have various files sitting on the right side of the GNOME desktop. Their
> filenames are in white and are a bit difficult to read due to the brightness
> of the lion.
>
> I am wondering might it be a good idea to darken the color of the background
> a bit so white filenames might be easier to read?

Yeah for me it makes the right half of my desktop unusable.  We can
argue whether the desktop should be used but the fact is that it is
today - and for many people they have icons covering both sides.

Also, it doesn't really work on the GDM screen.  Which is our initial
user experience.

Anyway, in general, I think this is one of the best pieces of art that
the group has put together.  However, I think maybe the half screen of
lion head is a bit much.  Could we see the same design but without the
lion head - just the background textures, lines, and birds - for
comparison purposes?  As it is there may be a bit too much high
frequency information in it.

Thoughts?

Jon