Fedora 11 countdown banner (artwork team release)

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 17:48:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 13:11 -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2009-04-28 06:08:03 PM, Paolo Leoni wrote:
> > I've uploaded the corrected version of countdown banner in both version
> > (english and italian).
> Thanks a lot, I just pushed the updated images.  Also, I asked the
> translation teams to send translated SVGs to you to be generated (they
> should send two SVGs, 1 for the singular, and one for the plural).

Not sure if this shouldn't be extended a little more, e.g. in Czech we
have '1 den' (1 day), '2,3,4 dny' (2,3,4 days respectively) and starting
with five it's '5,... dní' (5,... days). At first I though this "middle
plural" was called dual (not sure if it's same in English, but basically
it means that two's are commonly treated neither as singular nor as
plural), but seeing, that this goes up to 4... And IIRC it is very much
similar in Russian and probably many other Slavic languages.

> Thanks for doing the banners,
> Ricky
Martin