F11 visual concept idea - greek

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 1 17:58:39 UTC 2009

Martin Sourada wrote:
> Either way, my idea is focusing rather on the spiritual part of the
> image, I'd draw it how it could look if the temple was new and still
> used by old Greeks, perhaps around the columns could be some grapes or
> some other plant growing, I can also imagine hot springs (with vapour
> flowing up from the springs, creating a mist) and maybe forest or small
> bushes nearby, possibly with Mt. Olympus being seen in a distance.
> Though I am not sure if we'd be able to do such complex art from scratch
> with inkscape; or if we'd be doing photo-realistic one, if we could get
> hands on fitting and properly licensed photos... Maybe if I have enough
> time I'll try to sketch the idea in inkscape, but do not expect
> something that will look good >_<

Awesome, I look forward to it! I'm going to try to put something
together tonight too to push this idea further and we can critique each
other's sketches/mockups and figure out what parts work.

The Feb 1 (today :) ) deadline isn't for us to have beautiful polished
artwork, but to just to know what we'll be working on for the next few
weeks.

It seems like we are reaching a consensus on doing a Grecian landscape
with a helmet & columns and some natural elements like Olympus, vines,
etc., so I think we've pretty much met our goal which is great! :)

~m