FYI: Personalization in Windows 7

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed May 13 12:32:25 UTC 2009

On 05/13/2009 12:15 AM, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Some food for thought...
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/05/02/a-little-bit-of-personality.aspx

I think that is very close to what we are trying to do with "Wallpaper
Extras" - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras - the
plan there is to gather as many as possible images from the larger
community and figure out a way to select some which we think are both
good and diverse. But our project is currently in hiatus, needing some
coordination (and I have my share of guilt, I have a large number of
photos which can be uploaded but was lazy lately)

 From the Microsoft collection, I think some images are really bad from
an usability point of view, much worse than our lion head.

I still think a much better and useful thing would be to have the old
"background channels" idea from clarkbw, but populated with Free images:
http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/designs/background-channels/background%20channels.html