FYI: Personalization in Windows 7

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:23:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 20:48 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 05/13/2009 12:32 PM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > On 05/13/2009 12:15 AM, William Jon McCann wrote:
> >> Some food for thought...
> >>
> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/05/02/a-little-bit-of-personality.aspx
> >>

> > I think that is very close to what we are trying to do with "Wallpaper
> > Extras" - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras - the
> > plan there is to gather as many as possible images from the larger
> > community and figure out a way to select some which we think are both
> > good and diverse. But our project is currently in hiatus, needing some
> > coordination (and I have my share of guilt, I have a large number of
> > photos which can be uploaded but was lazy lately)
>
> Did we ever settle on how and where to store all the images etc ?

I don't think so... I really liked Ian's proposal (dig through the
archives if you do not know what I am referring to), but people seemed
to be generally against it.

But basically what I thing we need is:
      * an easy way to upload images (with info on licensing and various
        other comments included)
      * a place to store the images in
      * a place to preview the images
      * a system on selecting what goes in/out of the rpm packages
        (voting?)

I think our current setup is suboptimal in most of those points, but I
ain't sure how to make it better.

Martin