replacing XMMS

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 17:48:11 UTC 2004

So our situation with music players is a little bad.  Right now in the
menu we have "Music Player" and "Audio Player".  The first is Rhythmbox,
the second is XMMS.  A user new to Fedora is going to be baffled by this
- it's like having two clocks.

Ideally we would only have one music player.  I'm hoping to get
Rhythmbox in good enough shape for FC3 that it can replace XMMS for most
use cases.

What I'm curious of is comments by people who still use XMMS, and why.
What are the most important things to you that need to be fixed in
Rhythmbox?