Re: replacing XMMS

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 13:48, Colin Walters wrote:
> What I'm curious of is comments by people who still use XMMS, and why.
> What are the most important things to you that need to be fixed in
> Rhythmbox?

I just took my first look at Rhythmbox to see if it could stream an MP3
over HTTP and most importantly seek within the stream.  Unfortunately I
just get an error I don't understand: "Failed to create mad element;
check your installation".

My usage pattern is probably non-standard, however my ideal player
would:
- stream audio files (such as MP3) over HTTP
- seek within the stream using the HTTP Range header
- support HTTP Authentication