replacing XMMS

Maxwell Spangler maxwax at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 22 17:57:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Colin Walters wrote:

> What I'm curious of is comments by people who still use XMMS, and why.
> What are the most important things to you that need to be fixed in
> Rhythmbox?

Many of us have never been able to get Rhythmbox to work due to the mp3 issue
and the need for additional downloads, etc.

When I've tried, I've noticed that Rhythmbox takes an amazingly long time to
handle large volumes of music.  10,000+ tracks plus, or example.  The irony is
that this size collection is exactly where Rhythmbox's music managment would
probably be superior to other programs..

So in the short term, many of us use xmms because it's there and it works.

 --
Maxwell Spangler