Playing CD...probelms...

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Thu Apr 22 21:58:44 UTC 2004

JORGE CARCORZE said:
>When using up2date to update XMMS to 1.2.10.....what happens to the old
> XMMS rpm?  gets deleted?

it all depends on if your up2date deleted the rpm file, but i think you
meant the old xmms executable, not the installation package, right?

>I installed FC1 on a P Celeron 1.1GHz/384RAM.  When inserting a CD, I
> see the the FC1 CD player reading the track but no sound......same with
> XMMS....haven't try Rythmbox.....

do you have the audio cable going from your cdrom drive to your soundcard?
do you have cd audio muted or turned down in your volume control?

-d

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot