terminal services prototype

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 17:49:05 UTC 2004

Hey,

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 18:33, seth vidal wrote:

> How are you handling device ownership for the hosting machine? I presume
> the vnc-connected hosts are not getting perms to cdroms and soundcards
> and what-not.

	I haven't even thought about it to be honest, but its all handled by
pam_console, right? And with a VNC session, you're not on console, so
no, you don't get those perms.

> Will any of this be functional to implement limited
> user-session switching a la XP or OSX?

	I really wouldn't recommend using this on a single host - VNC over a
local socket just seems like a good way to waste memory, CPU and slow
down your desktop to me ...

	There's already user-session switching in GDM. I don't know much about
it, but that's the avenue I'd pursue for this feature.

Cheers,
Mark.