Lock up

chris stringer cstringer18 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 15:08:05 UTC 2004

I am new to Fedora Core and am having trouble geting
it to run on my laptop.  I have a Compaq Presario
2580, 40GB, 512 MB 802.11g 10/100NIC, CDRW/DVD.  I
have loaded the program, configured boot to dual boot
with Win XP (The borg).  When I select Fedora from my
boot list it starts and then freezes direcly after it
says loading local drives.

If anyone has information on how I can fix this eror I
would greatly appriciate the help.  I love linux, and
had it running on my old Dell laptop, Redhat 8.0.  I
can run a live eval of SuSE 8.1, so I dont think it is
a campatability issue, but I still cant configure
Feora to run.

Please help me.

=====
Chris Stringer