Bluecurve icons for OpenOffice.org

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Sat Mar 13 16:36:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 19:54, Julien Olivier wrote:

> Not a comment about the icons themselves but what is preventing
> OpenOffice from respacting fdo's icon theme spec ? It seems that there
> are at least 3 icon "themes" available for OpenOffice currently (from
> redhat, ximian and sun). Wouldn't it be worth hacking OpenOffice so that
> it can load its icons from the desktop's icon theme ? I think it would
> make life easier for icon designers.

There's work being done to use the GTK framework, so this native icon
thing will probably be in place real soon now.

> And the same thing for Moilla/Firefox would be perfect, even if Epiphany
> already respects fdo's icon theme (AFAIK).

Mozilla already supports this (or is that Firefox?). Read Blizzard's
blog about this a couple of days ago, from fedora people's site.
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
http://training.bytebot.net/ - OpenOffice.org Training
http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/ - Fedora News Updates