"Professionalism" syntax

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Nov 12 15:28:38 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 09:32:11AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> Should the word 'breast' be removed? How about 'atheist'? Is 'liberal' a
> dirty word, too?

This is a slippery-slope argument. I think a reasonable determination of
"words likely to embarrass Eric Troan when shown on the big screen at OLS"
can be made. :)

> No. Don't censor yourself b/c some people are too afraid to deal with a
> little discomfort. Let them rebuild the package if they want to remove
> something _they_ think is offensive.

So you think the current patch should be backed out?

Hmmm.

Maybe the screensaver should be patched to use /usr/share/dict/words instead
of its own little idiosyncratic list.