Modern File Heirarchy

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sun Sep 3 23:46:25 UTC 2006

Matthew Miller wrote:
> [...]
>> Exactly why I like, for one, like the idea of having standardized names
>> for the directories: /usr, /lib, /srv, /var, /var/log, etc. :)
> Which one of those is for the music videos?
Those I mentioned are system-level directories.

How you store things on your own depends on how you like to organize your
system. I tend to keep large things like videos and ISO images on a secondary
hard disk (/mnt/Storage), while smaller things like documents and music files I
keep in my home directory (~/Music, ~/Documents, ~/Documents/Schoolwork,
~/Photos, ~/Wallpapers, etc.)
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479