A new notification theme

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:47:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 14:08 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 13:10 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>

> > I'm also concerned about the timing of this... I take it this wasn't
> > ready at feature freeze?
>
> Not to throw stones, but I'll point out that we had the notification
> theme in before the F12 backgrounds...

Not trying to avoid the stones, but the F12 backgrounds are in since
Alpha and the discussion that lead to their inclusion was held since
about F11 GA. The beta version is polished version of what was already
included. We skipped some deadlines (wallpaper refreshes) in our
schedule (which we'll reflect in F13 schedule), but we are mostly on
track now, which means we are following a schedule [1] we put together
with poelstra at the *beginning* of the F12 release cycle.

Not to throw back the stones, but I failed to notice any prior
notification of the notification-daemon engine/theme change.

I (personally) don't see anything bad with changing (especially minor)
defaults just before beta freeze, but it would be nice if the code was
included before that and the intended change was announced and discussed
much before that (ideally before feature freeze).

Martin

[1]
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-design-tasks.html