Alacarte is not installed by default

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 24 06:46:26 UTC 2009

On 10/23/2009 09:44 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 11:40 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
>>> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/comps/comps-f12.xml.in?view=markup
>>>
>>> It's listed as a optional package in comps. Shouldn't it be default?
>>
>> This was changed at feature freeze, before the alpha, looks to be
>> part of a few general desktop package set tweaks.
>
> Rahul probably saw the same forum post I did, from a guy who was a bit
> confused that it was 'missing'. That was the only post I saw, though, so
> it's hard to say how many people will be in the same position

I saw it a couple of other places. Matthias Clasen has edited the
desktop beat to add a note on this after the current discussion so I
have to assume that it was not dropped accidentally.  Many of the
packages we are dropping out of the Live CD or the default set in comps
are being used often by end users still and it is not easy to find and
install them. Try search for "office" or "openoffice" in
gpk-application. Not a nice user experience.

Rahul