A new notification theme

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:00:21 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 24.09.2009, 20:48 -0400 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> Tomorrows rawhide will have a new notification theme for Gnome.
>
> The aim of this new theme is to integrate well with the theming in the
> rest of the desktop (which wasn't really the case with nodoka bubbles
> and a clearlooks desktop).

After I have seen them now I can say I think they are horrible. We could
really argue if the Nodoka bubbles matched the rest of Nodoka, but this
definitely matches even less.

I think such changes shouldn't been done as a solo action without
previous notice. Has the design team been aked about this? (No, Matthias
and Jon, you are *not* the design team, sorry). Or people from the
desktop SIG? How about other contributors?

IMHO this change is also very ungrateful to Martin, who does an amazing
job with the Nodoka theme.

Regards,
Christoph