qt/qt4 -> qt3/qt rename coming soon to a rawhide near you.

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Mar 10 19:30:34 UTC 2008

Just a heads-up to package maintainers, that a final piece of kde4
feature landing in rawhide is renaming qt packages(1)
qt  -> qt3
qt4 -> qt

qt(3) as-is in rawhide/devel already includes Provides: qt3, which means
any package that currently includes
BuildRequires: qt-devel
should be updated asap to use
BuildRequires: qt3-devel
instead.  This 'qt3' Provides is included only in rawhide atm, but we
plan to include this in future qt updates for F-7/F-8 as well.

A quick-n-dirty repoquery I did this morning revealed 81 packages that
need updating to BR: qt3-devel, to be posted (soon) to:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RexDieter/qt3pkgs

-- Rex

(1) see also:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/436829