All Features Need to be 100% by Final Development Freeze (2009-04-14)

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 21:52:36 UTC 2009

Hello Feature People  :)

If all goes as planned, as previously announced by Jesse Keating, the
Final Development Freeze will happen this coming Tuesday, April 14, 2009.

Final Development Freeze, defined here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/FinalFreezePolicy means
that all features and their associated feature pages must be at 100%
completion by this date.  The following features do not currently meet
this criteria and need to by April 14, 2009.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/20SecondStartup
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AnacondaStorageRewrite
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ControlGroups
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DNSSEC
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Ext4DefaultFs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/gcc4.4
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IBus
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IntelKMS
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewTextUI
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NouveauModesetting
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MultiplePAMStacksInGDM
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PowerManagement
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.6
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Radeon3DUpdate
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RPM4.7
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/StrongerHashes
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EFI
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VolumeControl
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XserverOnePointSix

We understand that software is never 100% complete, however given the
wide audience that refers to our feature page list it does not make
sense to advertise something that isn't there.

Please make one last update to your feature page to make it reflect
everything that is complete for Fedora 10.  Functionality this is not
complete should be removed or clearly labled as scheduled for a future
release so that what is advertised for being in Fedora 11 is 100%
present and complete.

I will raise feature pages not at 100% with FESCo on April 17, 2009.
Hopefully my job will be easy and there there won't be any :-).

Thanks,
John