integrate cryptoloop patch into Fedora kernel?

James Ralston qralston+ml.redhat-fedora-devel at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 3 09:13:44 UTC 2003

See my "Encrypted loopback devices in Fedora Core 1" section, here:

    http://www.pobox.com/~ralston/dev/

Any chance of integrating at least the kernel patch into the FC
development kernel?  Having to patch the kernel itself is a giant
PITA.

Honestly, I was expecting that updating to util-linux-2.12 would be a
nightmare, but it was a breeze.  (Elliot, if you're reading this, Just
Do It; it'll take a lot less time than you probably think.)

The hashalot program needs some work; it's using the obsolete
getpass() function, and the memset call that is clearing the password
is almost certainly being optimized away by gcc.  :(  I'll fix the
latter for sure, and work on the former.

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute