Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Laurent GUERBY laurent at guerby.net
Mon Dec 8 23:35:42 UTC 2003

I already know how to do it in various ways (thanks to answers to an
earlier post and my 8 years experience in installing and using Linux),
the wishlist item is to make it easily available for people
who have a local network and are not pros, that's a situation more
and more common given that on other OSes and on network
hardware like home routers you need only to follow a basic
GUI wizard to make a local network and share stuff (may
be not OS updates though, but probably for bad reasons).

Some of the system-config-tools help setting up complex
configurations, I assume that following your reasoning
they all should be removed?

I hope that people working on FC will continue to expand
the scope of those easy to use GUI tools despite your opinion.

May be they'll consider this particular wishlist item (it might
save some bandwidth bucks too - not sure it's an issue
nowadays though :).

Sincerely,

Laurent