OpenOffice.org British thesaurus

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Dec 9 13:57:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 21:05, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 11:54:04 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > Is there a en_GB thesaurus for OOo?  I wasn't aware one existed that was
> > freely distributable under LGPL/GPL, but if there is, please point me to
> > it and I'll see what i can do.
>
> Well I guess I just don't understand how a list of American words can be
> free, but a list of British words is not.
>
> You're right, after much Googling I couldn't find any OSS thesauruses.
>
> The point is this, the functionality of OOo is compromised for British
> users. OOo is one of the ambassadors of the Linux movement, and is often
> used as an incentive for Windows switchers, but I guess if you're British,
> the advise would have to be to stick to Windows if you want a thesaurus?

Well then start one. If you cant program you can at least do the word
conversions and such. With that someone can at least do a basic db with
it. The world isnt going to end because everything isnt absolutely
perfect and done now.

Stephen 'going to get his cuppa tea to calm down' Smoogen

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645