ext3 online resize (was: rawhide report: 20031209 changes)

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Wed Dec 10 06:13:59 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 08:44:44PM +0000, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 18:06, Dax Kelson wrote:
> > Having stable,reliable online resize would be most excellent.
> You're the 2nd person to ask for it, so if this turns out to be
> something people really want, it could make a reappearance.

I can't really say it is a must for me right now, but I can see it
becoming more important down the road - especially as disks and
databases grow larger. I can think of only one occasion so far when it
would have made a real difference for me. Of course, you always realise
that you really want a feature when it's too late; i.e. when you need it
badly right there, unexpectedly, and it's simply not available.

Speaking of kernel RPMs, were options CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP and
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE deliberately disabled in the current 2.6.0
packages?

Rudi