FC2 initial schedule posted

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Mon Dec 15 23:22:02 UTC 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 15:13, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:59:20PM -0500, Gene C. wrote:
[snip]

> > 3.  With new/updated  packages being placed in fc-development and that
> > being the basis for fc2, would there be some benefit if some of us (those
> > who really want to be on the bleeding edge) to downloading and installing
> > fc-development?  I noticed that at least one person has done this but
> > would it be beneficial for a "bunch" of us to do this?  By beneficial I
> > mean, can we help debugging packages before the 2 February test1 date and
> > thus improve the chances that the overall schedule can be met?
>
> Hmm.  Good question.  I think that from the installer point of view,
> Jeremy will post at times that will be particularly useful for the
> installer to be tested via rawhide.

OK, grabbing all of fc-development (rawhide) the "first" is just a matter of
patience, luck (that other will not be downloading), and a relatively high
bandwidth link.  However, doing that every night or every couple of days is
not good.

Could we get rsync on download.fedora.redhat.com?  Running rsync every day or
couple of days should be more tolerable all the way around.
--
Gene