Fedora Core PPC (was: Re: Fedora s390)

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 13:26:07 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 06:55:35AM +0000, Alex Kiernan wrote:
> "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm at redhat.com> writes:
> > As a side effect of our internal build system,
> > Fedora packages are being built on several architectures for which
> > there is no Fedora release.  s390 is one of them.
>
> Is this likely to continue? I'm currently running on a Mac (using a
> less than a dozen packages from YellowDog), so I'm using the PPC
> packages - works absolutely fantastically.

It will continue until we transition to an external build system.
Since there is lots of software to write for that, it's a ways off.

Then, if we have sufficiently capable volunteers to make sure that the
PPC kernel works on Fedora, and people or organizations willing to
provide sufficiently speedy hardware for the external build systems,
it can keep going.  Basically, we will need to have ongoing architecture
support for the distribution in order to have a build system.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/