pine cone - Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Edward S. Marshall esm at logic.net
Thu Dec 18 20:41:23 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 12:45:51PM -0500, Chris Ricker wrote:
> For long-time pine users (or at least this one), it's no more suitable than
> mutt....

As in, it's not an exact replacement, no. But from looking through the
screens for it, it's definitely not a far cry. On-screen help is there,
and the interface would appear to be built in the same spirit. I'd be
amazed if an average Pine user couldn't sit down at that and find their
way around. See http://www.courier-mta.org/cone/book.html ... the first
few links have screenshots of what "cone" looks like to the user, and
at first glance, I'd have thought it was Pine.

Not bad, I had no idea that existed. Sam Varshavchik has been one busy
fellow.

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm at logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.