pine cone - Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Fri Dec 19 13:47:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Tom Diehl wrote:

> That depends on just how hard it is to configure. I fought with mutt to try to
> understand it and get it to do some of the thing I am used to in pine. I gave
> up after several days. If I can get something else to do what I want easially
> I think it would be better for me even if I need to learn new keystrokes.

Depends on what you're wanting. A lot of how I use pine isn't in cone. YMMV.

> I wonder if there are rpms for cone??

<http://www.courier-mta.org/cone/install.html> covers all the details of
building the RPMs.

> This is where mutt fails miserably. It is too hard to configure and the docs
> do a poor job of explaining how to config it. I have used pine for ~10 years
> and I very seldom if ever have read the docs for it. Even with its warts it
> just kinda works.

Well, but mutt *is* configurable. cone's not, to any great extent. You can
tell it your mailboxes, and your colors, and your mime handlers, and that's
about it.

later,
chris