Self Introduction: Rui Miguel Seabra

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Dec 22 11:25:07 UTC 2003

First, I apologize for not having read
  http://www.fedora.us/wiki/SelfIntroduction
before.

Full legal name:
	Rui Miguel Silva Seabra

Country, City:
	Portugal, Lisboa

Profession or Student status:
	I'm employed as a systems administrator in the major
	Portuguese financing institution, handling mostly with
	Free Software operating systems.
	I'm also an university student and trying to finish my
	degree in Computer Sciences.

Company or School:
	SIBS, SA -- http://www.sibs.pt
	Universidade do Minho -- http://www.uminho.pt

Your goals in the Fedora Project:
	To help wherever I can. I specifically can't do much QA
	since I pretty much need my system to work, and testing
	unreliable main packages is a little too risky for me.
	I'd like to include my pet project in Fedora, but that'll
	have to wait for Savannah to get back up.

Historical qualifications:
   What other projects have you worked on in the past?
	AbiWord
	I have been working for quite some time with the AbiWord
	project, specifically maintaining it's rpm spec and
	Portuguese localization. In its context, I have contributed
	to related projects like libwpd, enchant, aiksaurus, etc.

	My pet project is irmctl, that is a daemon that gets input
	from a device (currently my irman IR) and executes commands.
	I use it as a way to make my computer a remote controlled
	multimedia station (TV, CD and XMMS plying, etc...).

    What computer languages and other skills do you know?
	PERL, C, HTML, CSS are the languages (or pseudo-) that I'm
	most familiar with. I'm also a qualified system
	administrator with experience in many servers and
	infrastructures. One of the main focuses I have to have on
	duty is a special care with security.

    Why should we trust you? <--- too blunt?
	Short answer: you shouldn't trust strangers.
	Long answer:
		I know it's hard to trust a stranger you know
		nothing about, but I think that I am someone you can
		trust not to cause intentional harm to others.
		You might trust some people who signed my public key
		to the point o trusting me too.

GPG KEYID and fingerprint
	My public key is published at pgp.mit.edu:

[rms at roque rms]$ gpg --fingerprint rms at 1407.org
pub  1024D/7A34FADE 2000-09-12 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>
     Key fingerprint = EF9A 6735 05D7 91C1 A107  379F A3E0 B9D2 7A34
FADE
uid                            Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
<rms at greymalkin.yi.org>
uid                            Rui M. Silva Seabra <rms at multicert.com>
uid                            Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at ansol.org>
uid                            Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (Work Email)
<rui.seabra at sibs.pt>
uid                            Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (Work Email)
<rms at sibs.pt>
sub  2048g/3F5721FD 2000-09-12

+ So let's do it...?