Why still using Mozilla 1.4 and not 1.5

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Dec 30 07:40:49 UTC 2003

Stan Bubrouski wrote:
> The subject speaks for itself.  Mozilla 1.5 has been stable for a while
> now yet 1.4 is still what's in the devel tree.  What gives?

At around the time of FC1 release there were known and demonstratable
major problems with 1.5.  If you look at FreshRPMS list you will see
complaints about 1.5 I believe from Dag's repository.  Also upgrading to
1.5 so soon before the release of FC1 would have wasted all of the
months of QA testing done during the three Severn betas.  We KNOW that
1.4.1 is reasonably stable after the many months of testing.

Blizzard has mentioned that we will skip 1.5 for now, and if 1.6 final
proves to be stable it may become an update for FC1 at a later date.
IMHO most people don't really need the improvements found in the more
recent mozilla versions too.  If you do want those features however,
nothing stops you from upgrading mozilla yourself.

Warren