External CVS access

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Tue Jul 22 12:58:13 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 02:14:18PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Paul Nasrat wrote :

> As documented here :
> http://rhl.redhat.com/participate/developers-guide/s1-cvs-configure.html
>
> You need to access through ssh, not pserver, so "export CVS_RSH=ssh" is
> required. Haven't tried it yet, though :-)

I also tried this and it doesn't time out it looks as if ssh doesn't
allow password auth.

[paul at uruk src]$ export
CVSROOT=:ext:anonymous at rhlinux.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
[paul at uruk src]$ cvs co kudzu
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)
[paul at uruk src]$ echo $?
1

Obviously I don't have pub key in anonymous' authorized_keys, so I
thought anonymous access would be pserver as described for the kudzu
page.  Either way doesn't work for me.

Paul