Diskless workstations

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 23 21:40:40 UTC 2003

Hi one thing that has come up over and over again (here) is that Debian
is easier to install into a diskless workstation environment than Red
Hat. I being the RH bigot that I am have not tried this yet, but I get
the feeling that it is.

I would really like to see some work on making a Heavy Diskless
Workstation install possible in the future. [Heavy Diskless means boxes
that have say 1-2 gigs of Ram, big CPUs, and 100 mbps network at least.]
THere are many environments that use this heavy duty, and right now I am
having to admin 4 different ways of killing the problem with no one
absolutely correct.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645 (note new #)