gtkspell problem in Severn

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Sun Jul 27 00:53:23 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 20:41, vincent wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:55:53 -1000
> Warren Togami <warren at togami.com> said:
>
> > When I attempt to run gaim-0.66 from Fedora on Severn using
> > gtkspell-2.0.4-1 (included in Severn), it fails with this message.
> >
> > gaim: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkspell.so.0: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >

> Did you update from AYO rawhide? I did that and it broke a few things.
> what I did to get gaim back was to delete aspell aspell-en pspell and gtkspell.
> then installed the old one and it worked.
>
> Another problem that I cant fix is SSL is messed, I can't install devel package
> for some source that needs it. I'd have to delete some 150 apps that need ssl.
> Things like 'passwd' which are critical. last time I do something stupid like
> update everything to rawhide.

This was easy to fix actually... just don't your ssl libs.  :P  I also
had to downgrade cvs.  Something with the new krb5 libs I think; I can't
install them (dependency errors), but some apps apparntly are compiled
for them, their depends aren't set to only be usable with the new
version, and the ABI changed.  Yet another wonderful example why
Windows' DLL Hell is a poor reason to move to Linux.  :P

All the old packages you've installed are in /var/cache/apt/archives if
you're using apt-rpm, can be a life-saver.  ^,^

> --
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.