RPM building section of RHL's developer guide

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Jul 28 20:55:29 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 23:42, Thomas Dodd wrote:

> Just to nitpick a little more, shouldn't that be:
>
>   error: Failed dependencies:
>            glib = 0:1.2.10 is needed by glib-devel-0:1.2.10-10
>
> For completeness?

Couldn't resist to comment :)

That would be sort of new functionality, epochs haven't traditionally
appeared in foo-x.x-x -style outputs (not that I would have anything
against it, +1 FWIW), whereas in foo = x:x.x-x they are and have been
visible when _explicit_ epochs, for all values of them, are involved.

But in this particular case, following your suggestion, the message
should actually be this :}

   error: Failed dependencies:
           glib = 0:1.2.10 is needed by glib-devel-1:1.2.10-10
                                                   ^

--
\/